The Whip Mix ProPress SP Furnace offers a new level of true pressing control. A unique component monitors the flow of the glass and senses the movement of the ceramic into the ring in real time from start to finish. When the movement ceases (the mold is filled), the muffle heater is turned off, the vacuum is released, and the table is lowered as quickly as possible to drop the mold temperature below the vitreous point of the ceramic. This faster press not only saves time, but minimizes – and in many cases prevents – the formation of the reaction layer, so often seen with other press systems.
Another great feature of the ProPress SP Furnace is its ability to successfully press split (cracked) molds. When the operator discovers a crack they can select a reduced pressure pressing, which will add a few seconds to the sense press time, but increase the likelihood of a complete press without finning or slitting the mold.
Enables successful pressing of more units per ring
Presses faster than conventional pressing furnaces
- Minimizes or eliminates the reaction layer
- Facilitates successful pressing with cracked molds
- Is more forgiving when spruing
- 3-year or 3,750 muffle hours warranty (US & Canada only)
- Dimensions: 11″W x 16″D x 25″H
- Power Consumption: 1200 W (Furnace Alone) / 1400 W (With Pump)
- Muffle Windings: Quartz Tubing
- Muffle Chamber: 3 3/4″W x 2 1/2″H x 3 3/4″D
- Maximum Temperature: 2200ºF (1200ºC)
- Model Number: 92025